Pagine

Translate!

domenica, aprile 04, 2010

Sotavento


Sotavento Easter from Francesco Fucelli on Vimeo.

I'm back from Sotavento, Fuerteventura, where I've spent the easter holidays. The f...ing wind didn't show up, at least It didn't as I would have expected and how it is right now (at this time, the rene-egli weather station is showing 30kn NE). That's life.... as usual.
By the way, I bought an helmet and the GoPro mount straps and went into the water to shoot some videos. The above is the result of one and a half day of windsurfing session, 20knots (no more), some waves, very inconsistent conditions. I've spent over 200€ to rent the equipment and didn't have too many opportunities to use it. Renè is still smiling counting the money.

In the meantime, as you know I also started kitesurfing. The last day I finally made the water start and started planning. It has been a great feeling: It seems like you got nothing under your feet...and a big - BIG! - kite flying right in front of you. Hey! I still prefer windsurfing (at least till I control more a sail than a kite), but I have to recognize (accept?) this is going to be interesting.

Unfortunately I forgot to wear the helmet and I can't show you a video... my friends took some pictures, I'll post it asap ;)

Nessun commento: