Pagine

Translate!

lunedì, aprile 05, 2010

Kitesurfing in Laredo


High pressure here in the Basque Country, the sun is shining and the air temperature has risen to an acceptable level... spring, finally! I woke up early, checked the weather conditions, prepared the breakfast and geeently woke up my wife. I made getting into the car with the kitesurfing gear at 11:30am (and yes, my wife was sitting next to me). We spent three quarters of an hour driving down the highway heading to Laredo, few cars on the road (yes, it's still holiday here), no traffic jams... what a pleasure.
The spot was almost desert, only a guy was ready to get into the water with its kite. The wind was blowing at about 15-17 knots, enough for my black big  (13 sqm) Crossbow.  I quickly prepared the gear and jumped into the water. Water starting begins to be a "no problem", and I'm still impressed on how easy you can improve with this.  In Fuerteventura I could barely control the kite, now  I can glide easily... but I still need to improve my upwind sailing (sometimes I ended with my board on the beach... ;) ). At the end I scored four hours in the water... not bad for a beginner!
That's all folks, if you want you can watch the slide show below (these pictures were taken by my wife... She enjoy the sun and I'm lucky she also enjoy taking a looots of pictures).


Nessun commento: