Pagine

Translate!

martedì, aprile 20, 2010

Laredo one more time


Last Saturday we went one more time to Laredo. We arrived at around 12:30 and there were already a huge number of people sailing - I didn't count them, but I guess there were at least 30 kites plus 10 windsurfer sails... I'd say "crowded", especially because most of those guys were sailing just a few meters from the seashore... can't understand why (maybe because of photographers??). So, when we went into the water I was a little bit concerned about this (i'm a beginner, you know...). I was a little bit overpowered, my 13sqm kite was pumping like never before and sometime it was difficult even to upwind. I also had a small accident - that's the third in a row for me. I think this is mainly due to the lack of experience (my fault again) and excess of  confidence. I was sailing and another guy was coming towards me. So I raised my kite to let him pass downwind, but we were too close to each other, our lines got crossed and we hit each other, luckily with no major consequences than a big black hematoma under my harm. I'm seriously thinking in buying an impact vest...
As usually I also took a video... so if you want you can watch my very first little, little, little jumps. Have fun.

Laredo - kitesurfing session video 17.04.2010 from Francesco Fucelli on Vimeo.

Nessun commento: